The days in the classroom are just flying by! It is such a joy to be working in-person with your children. I can really see their growth and their enthusiasm for learning.
This Week in Class
Phonics Focus: "th" digraph
Sight Word: his
Math: Subtraction
Theme: Farm Animals/Spring
Emergency Work Packet
Your children should have brought home an emergency work packet last Tuesday. This is to be set aside in a safe place at home in the event that we have to quarantine due to a COVID exposure. I am simply planning ahead so that your children have work available and their learning is not interrupted in the event of a quarantine.
Art Vistas
This Wednesday, your children will participate in our fourth Art Vistas lesson as part of their asynchronous work. There will be no assignment in Raz-Kids this week due to the art lesson. Children will watch a video presenting prints of boats. Following the first video, there will be another instructional video about how to approach the art project. Both of these videos will be pushed out in SeeSaw. For this lesson, children will need: white copy paper (3-4 pieces), crayons, a glue stick, and scissors.
Upcoming Author Visit
Please mark your calendars for Wednesday. 3/24 at 1:00 for a virtual author visit from Jory John and Erin Kraan, highlighting their new book, Something's Wrong: A Bear, A Hare, and Some Underwear. I will send the Zoom link for this as soon as I receive it, and you should also keep your eyes out for an email from Mrs. Bailey about this. This is sure to be an excellent event as the Jory John books that I read on SeeSaw to your students (The Bad Seed, The Good Egg, The Cool Bean) were definitely always a hit. I am excited to add his new book to our library!
Parking Lot
A reminder again that the parking lot nearest to the kindergarten playground is not to be used for drop-offs & pick-ups. With children lining up to come to school near that lot's exit, it is a hazard to have cars driving through. Starting this week, the lot will be coned off as a reminder to avoid entering it with your vehicle.
Upcoming Events
Wednesday, 3/24: Art Vistas lesson
Wednesday, 3/24: Virtual author visit at 1:00
Friday, 4/2: "Spring Fling:" Special spring-themed centers
April 5-9: Spring Break