New Schedule
Based on the feedback I got on my survey last Friday, it looked like the 2nd small group Zoom was well-received, and that the times worked for you. So we will be following this schedule:
Language Arts
This week's sight word is your. Our theme this week is Farm, and we have a few stories and writing activities to go along with the theme in SeeSaw.
In the small-group Zoom, I will continue to be discussing a story that is assigned in KidsA-Z. When they go into Kids A-Z, you will see a new spaceship called "Assignments" and your child will find the story of the week there. I would like the children to preview the story before we meet so that we can discuss the story productively, but please do not have them take the quiz until after our discussion.
Whole-class Zoom meetings will be on Monday and Wednesday at 10:00 this week, and on Thursday at 11:30. On Monday, I will talk about the activities for the week. On Wednesday, it will be a "show & tell" day-- draw a picture of your favorite farm animal & be prepared to share your picture. On Thursday, we will wrap up our week together!
Math/STEAM
This week we have two Farm-themed math activities. We are beginning to work on story problems, so we have a video and an activity to focus on this skill. We also have another math activity in the optional area that can be played multiple times and is great for reinforcing addition & subtraction skills. Because it does need to be printed out, we put it in the optional area.
We have a fun STEAM activity this week-- design and build a barn. Please use whatever building toys you have in your home: Legos, blocks, Playstix, KEVA planks, etc.
Office Hours
Office hours are still on the schedule above, but they are on an as-requested basis. You need to email me & let me know that you or your child would like to meet in office hours. Please email me by noon on the day of office hours (Tuesday or Wednesday) so that I know I need to be available. I will then send you an invitation to the Zoom.
P.E. with Mr. Thomas
Office hours are still on the schedule above, but they are on an as-requested basis. You need to email me & let me know that you or your child would like to meet in office hours. Please email me by noon on the day of office hours (Tuesday or Wednesday) so that I know I need to be available. I will then send you an invitation to the Zoom.
P.E. with Mr. Thomas
Mr. Thomas will be meeting with the kindergarten students each Tuesday at 1:45 for a live P.E. lesson on Zoom. See the email for Zoom links. He also records one lesson that's a little different that is available in SeeSaw.