Saturday, February 6, 2021

Week of 2/8

I am looking forward to meeting with you all this week during parent-teacher conferences. I will be updating you on your child's progress on the various assessments I've given over the past two weeks, as well as checking in with all of you as we enter into our new mode of learning on 2/22. 

There are several schedule changes this week due to conferences and the Explore & Discover program. Most significantly, there will not be any 11:00 meetings this week. I will list the daily schedule below.

Curriculum This Week
Phonics Focus: "ake" word family
Sight Word: come
Math: Subtraction
Theme: Lunar New Year/Valentines

ELA Small Group Materials 

  • Sight word sentence pack-- we have begun a new pack that has "are" on the cover.
  • Warm Up Pack (When I Come to a Tricky Word I Can...is on the front). Butterfly group needs the "Sound Up" chart
  • Whiteboard, marker, eraser

Math Small Group Materials (math groups will only be on Weds. & Thurs.) 

  • Whiteboard, marker, eraser

Grasshopper T-shirt Day 

Let's have another Grasshopper t-shirt day this Tuesday the 9th so those of us who are in-person can wear them in the classroom together, and those of us at home can wear them on Zoom. 

Monday 

  • 8:30 Zoom
  • Reading group Zooms between 8:50 and 9:45
  • NO Math Zooms between 10:05 and 10:50
  • NO 11:00 Zoom

Tuesday 

  • 8:30 Zoom
  • Explore & Discover program-- no other Zooms today

Wednesday 

  • 8:30 Zoom
  • Reading group Zooms between 8:50 and 9:45
  • Math Zooms between 10:05 and 10:50
  • NO 11:00 Zoom

Thursday 

  • 8:30 Zoom
  • Reading group Zooms between 8:50 and 9:45
  • Math Zooms between 10:05 and 10:50
  • NO 11:00 Zoom

Friday

  •  8:30 Zoom
  • Explore & Discover program-- no other Zooms today

Reopening of School
You will be hearing from Mrs. Bailey this week of your new classroom assignment (if you are staying on Distant Learning), and those who are opting for in-person learning will hear whether your child is in the AM or PM session. I have kept AM/PM mostly the same, with just a few changes, for those of you who have been participating in the Explore & Discover program. Please note that if you decide to travel during President's Week over 150 miles out of the area, you must quarantine at home and miss the first week+ of "official" in-person instruction. I highly discourage doing this, as we will be learning all the new protocols now that multiple grades are back on campus, plus meeting the new friends who will become part of our class. Please make every effort to remain at home during President's Week so that we can all return safely to school. It is truly going to take a village to keep us all safe and able to participate in in-person instruction. I appreciate your cooperation.

Upcoming Events 

2/8-2/12: Parent-teacher conferences 

Tuesday, 2/9 Discover & Explore program 

Friday, 2/12: Discover & Explore program

February 15-19th: President's Week vacation

Monday, 2/22: Start of in-person instruction

Friday, 3/5: Report cards go home