The next two weeks are going to be very busy, with several schedule changes, due to both assessments and parent-teacher conferences. A note about assessments: while I did assess several children in class on Tuesday & Friday, I will still need them to come to their Zoom appointment to complete any additional assessments (unless I email you otherwise). Thank you!
We have a couple more math assessments this week, but I have decided not to use small group time for these assessments, since nearly all my students will be back in the classroom next week. However, if your student is not back in the classroom yet, please have him/her complete these pages completely independently, as an assessment. For the "Snow Much Fun" page, no need to do the cut & paste at the bottom. Just have your child write the answers in the box. For both of these assessments, please be sure that your child uploads a picture of the assessment to SeeSaw on the day that they do it, and please don't have your child correct any errors. I cannot assess what I need to focus on in my teaching if I don't know what mistakes your child is making. Thank you for your help with this. **Again, no need to complete these pages if your child is participating in the Explore & Discover program.
Curriculum This Week
Phonics Focus: CVCe (silent e words)
Sight Word: are
Math: Subtraction
Theme: Arctic animals/"The Mitten"
ELA Small Group Materials
- Sight word sentence pack-- we are beginning a new pack that was in last Tuesday's bag and has "are" on the cover.
- Warm Up Pack (When I Come to a Tricky Word I Can...is on the front) Butterfly group needs the "Sound Up" chart
- Whiteboard, marker, eraser
Math Small Group Materials
- Whiteboard, marker, eraser
- Flat marbles and ten frames in a sleeve, please. (This should be in a sleeve in the math folder already-- it was in our initial materials)
- I believe this number bond is on the back of the 10 frames in the sleeve, but if not, please have this on the back as well.
Grasshopper T-shirt Day
Let's have another Grasshopper t-shirt day this Tuesday the 2nd so those of us who are in-person can wear them in the classroom together, and those of us at home can wear them on Zoom.
Office Hours
Due to student assessment, and parent-teacher conferences, office hours are completely canceled for the next two weeks.
Reopening Plans
As you are aware, the district is planning to formally reopen for four days a week in-person instruction beginning on February 22nd. Thank you to all of you for completing the district survey quickly so that we can move forward with planning for placement of all students. Please read Mrs. Bailey's Vista Views from Friday with answers to FAQ.
Upcoming Art Vista Lesson
This Thursday, we will have an Art Vista lesson on animal paintings, followed by an activity where children will make animals out of upcycled materials. I plan on pushing both of these instructional videos out on SeeSaw, rather than doing the project on the 11:00 Zoom (I think it will take too long for the Zoom timeline). Have some small boxes (cracker boxes, cookie boxes, cereal boxes, etc.), toilet paper tubes, paper towel tubes, and any other materials you think your child might need to create an upcycled animal ready for them on Thursday. We will share our completed animals over SeeSaw.
Upcoming Events
Tuesday, 2/2: Discover & Explore program
Friday, 2/5: Discover & Explore program
Tuesday, 2/9 Discover & Explore program
Friday, 2/12: Discover & Explore program
February 15-19th: President's Week vacation
Monday, 2/22: Start of in-person instruction