I hope you all had a wonderful two weeks off and were able to enjoy good family time and recharge a bit. I am looking forward to reconnecting with everyone on Monday!
Curriculum This Week
Word Family: ot
Sight Word: and & for
Math: Numbers in the teens
Theme: Bears
ELA Small Group Materials
- Sight word sentence pack-- we are now in the 2nd pack that has "big" on the cover
- Warm Up Pack (When I Come to a Tricky Word I Can...is on the front) Butterfly group needs the "Sound Up" chart
- Whiteboard, marker, eraser
- All Days: Flat marbles, whiteboard, marker, eraser
Classroom Set-Up
I will be taking a final day off this Friday the 8th in order to prepare for our in-person "Discover & Explore Kindergarten" program, beginning January 12th. On January 8th, we will have an 8:30 a.m. Zoom, along with work in SeeSaw. There will be no other meetings that day-- no small group meetings, and no 11:00 Zoom.
"Discover & Explore Kindergarten" Program
If you were unable to attend the meeting I held on Wednesday, December 16th, hopefully, you were able to view the recording I sent out. I am excited to launch the in-person, "Discover & Explore Kindergarten" program for the following dates: January 12, January, 19, January 22, January 26, and January 29th. Everyone will receive a slide deck with information about the program on Monday the 4th. You will also receive an Acknowledgement Form that you will sign by Thursday the 7th if you plan on participating in the in-person program. Those who do not plan on participating will have an 8:30 a.m. meeting along with work in SeeSaw. There will be no additional Zoom meetings on days that I am running the Discover & Explore program. I am SO excited to explore & have fun with the Grasshoppers in K2 beginning January 12th!
Sharing
We will have sharing this week only, as we won't be able to have sharing for the rest of January due to our Play & Explore program and an upcoming four day weekend. We will have "Toy/Item in a Bag" theme to give children a chance to show any new holiday toys they'd like to share with the class. The schedule can be found here
Upcoming Events
Friday, 1/8: Classroom set-up day: 8:30 Zoom & work in SeeSaw
Tuesday, 1/12: First day of "Discover & Explore" program, 9:15-11:00
Friday, 1/15: No School: Professional Development Day
Monday, 1/18: No School: MLK Day
Tuesday, 1/19: Discover & Explore program, 9:15-11:00
Friday, 1/22: Discover & Explore program, 9:15-11:00
Tuesday, 1/26: Discover & Explore program, 9:15-11:00
Thursday, 1/28: 100th Day of School
Friday, 1/29: Discover & Explore program, 9:15-11:00